Know someone celebrating a Birthday or Anniversary? Let us know so we can get it on the air! We do collective announcements of Birthdays and Anniversaries at 6:50 and 7:50 each weekday morning!
How to reach us:
Call: 1877-947-WDSD (9373)
Facebook or Twitter (@947WDSD)
We pick a winner each Friday to win a custom birthday cake from Dana Herbert of Desserts by Dana!
WOW! Len really didn't agree with the Bruno & Carrie Ann on this dance and wasn't scared to say it!
Click here for more on this story!
LLS GUEST BARTENDING EVENT WITH CHRISTA!
Join me and a bunch of great people for a night of drinks, live music, and more to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)
WHEN: Wednesday, May 8th
WHERE: Kelly's Logan House, Trolley Square, Wilmington
TIME: 6p-11p (I will be behind the bar from 7-8!)
TICKETS: $10 at the door that night
Over 40 guest bartenders will be providing drinks and fun all night along with light appetizers, drink specials and a photo booth!
There will also so a silent auction (cash & credit cards will be accepted)
I really hope some of you will join the fun & help raise money for LLS :)
And ... I have been told I make a pretty decent cocktail!
-See ya there!
Two Men and a Truck locations across the country are collecting donations for local women's and family shelters for delivery on Mother's Day! The purpose of the program is to recognize those moms living in shelters this Mother's Day by arranging delivery of small gifts for women who are victums of domestic abuse or homelessness.
Jennifer Gondolfo from Two Men and a Truck in Dover came by the studio this morning to let everyone know about Movers for Moms and will be donating these items to the women living at the Shepherd Place this weekend!
Donation sites in Dover:
The Litte School
Campus Community School
Two Men & a Truck at 1169 S. Dupont Highway
To find out more call 302-734-5017
or on twitter @MoversForMoms
54% of us don't do this anymore ...
Don't give thanks before eating!
A survey of 2,000 people in the UK revealed 50 things you must do in order to live life to the fullest. The list includes a wide variety of things like having a one-night stand, losing weight, starting a family, going bungee jumping, traveling and paying off debts. Of course, it’s easier said than done- 65% of people admit they don’t live life to the fullest because they can’t afford it, while almost 40% simply don’t have the time. To that end, life is short…if you’re going to tackle this list, you better start now!
Here’s the full list:
1. Stop worrying about money
2. Stop worrying about what other people think
3. Take two holidays a year
4. Enjoy little comforts in life
5. Experience different cultures
6. Work to live rather than live to work
7. Pay off all debts
8. Be true to yourself
9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don't have
10.Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day
11. Make time for family and friends
12. Try all types of food
13. Find true love
14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries
15. Go outside more
16. Learn a new language
17. Be well thought of by family and friends
18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it
19. Lose a stone (14 lbs.) in weight
20. Treat each day like it's your last
21. Visit all of Britain's historical landmarks
22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday
23. Volunteer for a good cause
24. Take up a challenge
25. Go on safari
26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can
27. Learn a new instrument
28. Be married for longer than 20 years
29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy
30. Start a family
31. Earn more than your age
32. Have a pet
33. Drive a really fast car
34. Travel alone
35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow
36. Meet strangers
37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place
38. Have a one night stand
39. Pass your driving test
40. Get a degree
41. Rescue someone so that you're a hero for a little while
42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you
43. Get a promotion
44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40
45. Have an all-night drinking session
46. Perform something on stage in front of others
47. Kiss a stranger
48. Plan a surprise party
49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping
50. Spend time with children even if they aren't yours
What's on our bucket lists?
Sky: Camping at Yosemite National Park & climbing the great pyramid in Egypt
Christa: Hot Air Balloon Ride
Leah: Fly on an airplane
We would like to know if you live life to the fullest? What experiences are on your bucket list? Join the conversation on our facebook page!
81% of women are this ...